Based in Chicago, IL
July 5th, 2016
Something has gone terribly wrong. There aren't many people left these days. The...things that showed up - after the Experiment tore a hole through reality - have seen to that. You're not sure how much time you, or humanity itself, has left. If you have enough bullets, and enough batteries, maybe you can live long enough to fight off the monsters and see tomorrow. If you see enough tomorrows, you just might be able to get back to the event and close off the hole that these monsters keep emerging from.
The Brookhaven Experiment is a Virtual Reality survival shooter for the HTC Vive. Players will have to use the weapons and tools provided to survive ever more terrifying waves of horrific monsters in an attempt to figure out what caused the beginning of the end of the world, and, if they're strong enough, stop it from happening. Keep your head on a swivel, upgrade your equipment, shoot, and if all else fails smash through the monster hordes with your flashlight to survive one more day.
- Virtual Reality Shooter
- 2 Modes – Story Campaign and Endless Challenge Mode
- Realistic Pistol Aiming/Firing
- A range of Fun Weapons and Scary Monsters
- Weapon/Item Upgrade Selection System
- Survival Economy
- Monster/Player Interaction
- Situational Horror
- Occasional Pants Wetting
- Supported Languages: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Russian
- Fun Fact: The Brookhaven Experiment is now available in VR arcades on 6 continents (come on Antarctica, get one going!)
Launch Trailer YouTube
Announcement Trailer YouTube
PewDiePie: "KILL YOURSELF IN VR?!" YouTube
KarlRenateVR: "Renates first time playing..." YouTube
Markiplier: "COOLEST VR GAME YET!!" YouTube
jacksepticeye: "GIANT MONSTERS" YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "Brookhaven...poised to become one of the most well-known titles in VR history."
- Steven Wong, [a]listdaily
- "The Brookhaven Experiment may be the closest we’ve come to Half-Life on the Vive."
- Adi Robertson, The Verge
- "Vive’s Scariest Horror Game."
- Ben Kuchera, Polygon
- "The Brookhaven Experiment Shows how Shooters can Work in VR."
- Tim Clark, PCGamer
- "Return Of The Shooting Gallery: How 'The Brookhaven Experiment' For HTC Vive Wowed Me."
- Jason Evangelho, Forbes
- "The Brookhaven Experiment Terrifies Its Way To China As A Virtual Reality Showcase"
- Charles Poladian, International Business Times
“I feel like a bad-ass, VR is here, and it’s fucking beautiful”
PewDiePie on youtube.com.
“When your 81-year-old grandpa runs out of ammo in VR.”
VRScout on facebook.com.
“Renate's first time playing.. The Brookhaven Experiment, 1 wave, and that's enough”
Karl&RenateVR on youtube.com.
“COOLEST VR GAME YET!! | Brookhaven Experiment - VIVE”
Markiplier on youtube.com.
“GIANT MONSTERS | The Brookhaven Experiment"
jacksepticeye on youtube.com.
About Phosphor Studios
Phosphor Studios is a Chicago-based game developer that creates dark, quirky, and whimsical games that take you on riveting adventures and experiences. Phosphor Games is the creator of Horn, Dark Meadow, The Path to Luma, Corpse of Discovery, and now, The Brookhaven Experiment.
More information on Phosphor Studios, our logo & relevant media are available here.
The Brookhaven Experiment Credits
Director of Animation